Most patients on long-term medication can obtain repeat prescriptions will be able to request repeat prescriptions and only need to see a GP for medication reviews. Prescriptions can be ordered in a number of ways:
- By Hand – drop your repeat slip in at reception with the required items clearly marked.
- By Post – send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
- By Fax – to 01458 836150
- Online – follow the link at the top of this page. (You need to register at the Surgery to use this service).
It is also possible to collect prescriptions directly from one of the following:
- Boots Pharmacy, 39 High Street, Glastonbury
- Boots Pharmacy, Street (Vine Surgery)
- Knights Pharmacy, Feversham Lane
- Sainsburys Supermarket in Street
- Street Pharmacy
Please fill in one of the registration forms available either at the pharmacies or in the surgery. Once your prescription has been processed the selected pharmacy can collect it from the surgery.
Please remember to allow extra time if you are collecting your dispensed medication from a pharmacy as they have different arrangements for collecting repeat prescriptions from us. It is also important to ensure they have adequate stocks and the time to dispense your items.
Order repeat prescription from Surgery
Collect dispensed medication from Pharmacy
Any patient prescribed a regular medication should have their medicines reviewed on a regular basis. A medication review is a meeting to focus on your medicines and needs to occur at least annually.
Most commonly this is done in a confidential manner with your GP. There may be changes you want to suggest, worries that are bothering you or questions that you want to have answered about your medications.
Additionally, your GP may also have questions or changes to discuss with you. A record to say the meeting took place and any changes agreed to as a result will be put into your medical notes.